A while ago I saw Sandi MacIver’s post using the Sepia technique. Sepia is a rusty brown color so I started thinking. What would this same technique look like with a different monochromatic color theme. I knew it would have to be a darker color in order for the final effect I was looking for. I chose Night of Navy. Here’s the result…..
I started with a base card of Night of Navy CS followed by Daffodil Delight. The third layer again is Night of Navy. The image started out stamped with Memento Black ink on water color paper that was misted and then colored with a wide brush and Night of Navy ink. The image was also colored in with a smaller brush and the same ink. After the image had dried completely I used a bit of bleach to put in the highlights. The final touch was stamped off Night of Navy and the “dots” from the Timeless Textures stamp set. Thanks for stopping by today. Give a shout out with comments or questions.
Aren’t you always looking for ways to use your stamping/memory keeping/card making supplies in different ways. The Artisan Design Team member of Stampin’ Up!, Jennifer Frost has shown how to stretch the use of your thinlits. Normally these are used to cut out an image in most cases an image that matches a stamp set. Now by adding just a slim piece of material as part of the “sandwich” on your Big Shot die cutting machine the image is dry embossed instead of cut. I tried this technique with today’s card along with another technique that I had forgotten about. With the image from the Timeless Textures stamp set and Versamark ink I heat embossed the image using Rose Red ink. Take a look. See what you think.
The base card is Rose Red CS followed by DSP from the Fruit Stand series. See the embossing on the right hand side of the card? I used the Flourish thinlit and my Big Shot to achieve this result. Next I inked the image from the Timeless Textures stamp set with Versamark ink and then right into the regular Rose Red Stampin’ Up! ink. The final touches are three pearls colored with a permanent marker and a Rose Red ribbon. Thanks for stopping by today. I greatly appreciate your interest.
Good Morning Everyone,
Summer is coming to a close and while some of the Fruit Stand DSP is usable year around some of the patterns are just a little more seasonal. I love this series of paper so I wanted to get a few cards out there before the end of this month. I have been shying away from the pleated fold technique so I decided to give it a try for today’s share. The base card is Blushing Bride followed by a layer of Daffodil Delight CS. The pleated fold piece is from the Fruit Stand DSP. The strip across the top of the pleat is the flip side of the DSP. I did use Fast Fuse to attach the pleated piece to the card front which is also Blushing Bride. No chance of that piece moving, ha! I punched two flowers with the pansy punch one from the DSP and one with Melon Mambo CS, I curled the petals of the Melon Mambo flower slightly. You have to look closely to see the other flower behind it. The center flower is punched with the Petite Petals punch and a yellow enamel dot finishes it. Take a look and see what you think. Please let me know your thoughts.
PAWS TO PONDER
I am always looking for color combinations. Sunday in church the lady in front of me had a skirt on and I thought hmmm those would be cool on a card. I did listen to the homily and croak out a song or six too so I wasn’t just looking for colors in church. This is the card I came up with.
The base card is Bermuda Bay CS followed by a layer of Basic Black CS then a layer of Tempting Turquoise, another layer of Basic Black and finally another layer of Bermuda Bay.
I used the Botanical Builders thinlits to cut out the flowers from Tempting Turquoise CS. The centers are Basic Black. I love how the black makes everything pop.
Stop back tomorrow. I’m working on a new color combination. Thanks for stopping by today. Let me know if you have questions or comments. I would love to hear from you.
PAWS TO PONDER
A long, long time ago I saw a card someone had created and added dimension by cutting out a portion with an X-Acto knife, I have been wanting to give it a try and this is what I came up with. Let me warn you the picture does not capture the full expression of this card.
Some of the lower petals are also popped but you really can’t see it on the picture. Hopefully you can get the idea. I started with a base card of Old Olive followed by Melon Mambo CS and a layer of Watermelon Wonder CS. I stamped a background on Whisper White CS with an image from the Touches of Texture stamp set with Old Olive ink. Next I stamped the image from Birthday Blooms in Archival Black ink. When I was sure it was dry I water colored the bloom with Melon Mambo and Watermelon Wonder inks. The leaves are Old Olive and just a bit of Cucumber Crush to shade. After everything was thoroughly dry I cut out portions of the petals with the X-Acto knife. The greeting on the banner is from the Hostess set Time of the Year and is cut out with the Bunch of Banners framelit. I used Melon Mambo ink for the greeting. Give me a shout out and let me know what you’re thinking. I would love to hear from you. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.
PAWS TO PONDER